Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day . . . Really

Happy Canada Day!

It really is. Today's the day the GST is reduced from 7% to 6%. It's also the day that the universal Child Care credit of $100 per month for families with children aged 6 and under. Read more.

Today also marks the end of a week of announcements on reinvestments in the Canadian Military. I love the way Lieutenant-General Leslie, Chief of the Land Staff sums up the week's news, "As a soldier I'm delighted, my first time in my 25-year career I have seen this amount of money and growth in personnel coming our way. Quite frankly, I think we're getting an armed forces looking out over the next couple of years that Canada deserves."

I wrote a month ago that I felt Proud to be Canadian; today I'm enjoying that feeling again.

No comments: