Thursday, July 20, 2006

Clean Flicks Right to Keep Up the Fight

Last week, Lifesite News reported that a court ruling will prevent companies from purchasing Hollywood films, and then editing out all profanity, nudity, sex, and graphic violence. Clean Flicks is the leading company providing this service, and as Lifesite reported, will keep up the fight. Good for them, too many movies use sex and violence as a substitute for decent plot development, offering a choice of clean movies is a valuable service to families. Naturally, the court's decision has been widely criticized.

Normally, I wouldn't care to write about this but I just ready a post on Relapsed Catholic where Kathy Shaidle lays into everyone who appreciates the service that Clean Flicks offers. I think I'm missing her point. She says: "The idea that some third party would make unauthorized changes to a work of art by me or anyone else is utterly. Absolutely. Disgusting. "

Come on, TV companies have been doing this for the sake of commercials since movies were invented and I haven't heard a complaint from Hollywood. The entertainment industry is about the audience not the artist and if part of that audience wants to cut out some of the crap, I say go for it.

No comments: