Thursday, May 28, 2009

4 Country Radio Stations Heard in Woodstock

I don't listen exclusively to country music anymore, but if I lived in Woodstock, Ontario I just might. As I was driving by the town last night, I scanned the radio and heard 4 FM country stations clear as day.

BX-93 has been playing country music for London for as long as I can remember. I grew up on that station in the kitchen, the chicken barn, pretty much everywhere. They're still going strong and they still sound great.

Country 95.3 broadcasts out of Toronto, it's my least favourite. I find the announcers loud and obnoxious which is definitely not what I'm in the mood for when I listen to a country station. Still it's a clear signal and there are some decent songs there.

KICX 106 is a Kitchener station and it's only been around for a couple years. It's the only country station that has a place on my presets because it comes in clear on my drive into work, and I like their announcers and their advertisers.

Country 107.3 is brand new, I just heard them for the first time last night. They're broadcasting out of London and playing a great mix of both new and classic country. They also seem to have a great newsroom. These guys could give BX-93 a run for their money.

So there you have it. If you're a country music fan, it's worth driving through Woodstock.

No comments: