Thursday, September 04, 2008

Listening to John McCain

Yeah I'm pumped now! Just finished listening to John McCain. I only caught the last 15 minutes, but I ate up every word I heard. He outlined his commitment to free trade and to help those people who have their jobs displaced. He outlined his common sense energy policy that commits to drilling for more oil, creating new nuclear power plants and investing in renewable energy alternatives.

I was touched by how he described his time in a Vietnamese POW camp saying, "I was blessed by misfortune." His depth of experience is real, and it shone through in this speech!

No doubt he successfully energized his base by talking about the issues that are important to them and his call to action, "Nothing brings greater happiness than to serve a cause greater than yourself."

Combined with his brilliant move to appoint governor Palin as his running mate, he's already exceeded my expectations and has launched what I hope (and now dare to believe) will be a successful campaign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dissappointed that you haven't had such warm words for the upcoming Canadian election. Maybe Mr. Harper could be a better leader if he too spent time in a POW camp.

Patrick O'Neil said...

Hi. Jim. :)