Sunday, February 08, 2009

Fireproof - Rent it

Fireproof the movie just came out on DVD recently. We rented it Friday night and it was the best $5 I've spent in a while. The movie is a real romance, not boy meets girl they do lots of fun and exciting things and amazingly end up together. The movie is about a fireman who's been taking his wife for granted and their marriage is on the brink of divorce. His father convinces him to give his marriage one more shot with a 40 day challenge called the Love Dare. It's tough slugging and his wife keeps on rejecting his efforts, but with conversion, prayer and a lot of encouragement from a friend and his father, he's able to stick with it. There's just an amazing amount of self-sacrifice and personal growth for Caleb, the main character played by Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains. I knew my eyes were watery at times, but when I saw the damp spot on my wife's sleeve where I was resting my head I realized it was time to admit it made me all weepy.

Here's the trailer, you can decide for yourself if it's worth watching.



UPDATE: I cried the second time I watched it too.

No comments: