Sunday, January 28, 2007

Attack Ads . . . Now?

I'm confused why the Conservatives have reportedly launched some negative ads. There's a decent discussion going on at the Blogging Tories.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find them at Conservative.ca, so I'll keep my comments to a minimum. Right now, I hope the strategy works. The Conservatives have give Dion some time to define himself, he hasn't, so it's their chance to define him. That said, the Environment seems to be a very important issue, where the Conservatives have little credibility. I think Conservative fortunes could be better served by demonstrating their ability to protect the environment and maintain access to valuable energy.

The ideal ad would be a compare and contrast style to demonstrate a Conservative commitment to the environment, and if it throws in some pot-shots at the new Liberal Leader, even better. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ads.

UPDATE: See the Ads here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi