Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Job Well Done, Hillary

The math doesn't look good for Hillary Clinton now that Barack Obama has enough delegates to secure the nomination. Hillary won another big race on the weekend, but it came just a little late, winning the Democratic Puerto Rico Primary with a 2 -1 margin, after similar victories in West Virginia and Kentucky.

Normally, I wouldn't care. First, I'm Conservative. Second, I'm Canadian. But I do care who wins the nomination for two reasons. I believe Hillary Clinton is the best candidate for President. Second, the President is still the leader of the free world, so every body cares.

Between Obama, Hillary, and McCain, I wanted Hillary to be the next President of the United States. My logic is simple Barrack Obama is an extreme left wing leader prone to making big mistakes; if Barrack Obama became President it will be dangerous for the whole world. John McCain would be a better President than Obama, and he has articulated some conservative positions such as appointing constitutionalist judges. However, with a democratic controlled he will almost certainly fall in line with the Democrats on every issue that matters.

Hillary, on the other hand, is pragmatic and adaptable enough to know where the American people stand, and I believe she would have used the office of President to more effectively control a democratic congress than John McCain could.

Hillary ran a decent campaign, especially in the last few months. I wish the results had been different.

No comments: