Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Narnia is BACK!

Christmas 2010 is the target launch date for Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the next installment of the Narnia series. I've been a Narnia nut for the last several years - ever since I heard Focus on the Family's radio drama of all 7 books. I very much enjoyed the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and I just bought Prince Caspian on DVD (previously viewed - I will NOT pay $35 for a DVD). I had only learned a few weeks ago that Disney had pulled out of producing the movie, but last week MTV reported:
Walden Media has found a new studio to call home, and Fox will be sharing duties on “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.” The studio is hoping that the high fantasy of the third installment revives interest in the franchise — if the film is a smash hit, they will likely continue the franchise, and give Narnia fans the seven films they crave.
That's great news. Walden media is an excellent film company and they're certain to do justice to the books. I'm looking forward to all 7 films it's just too bad that we still need to wait almost 2 years for the next one.

No comments: