Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Disgusting Politics

I'm often disappointed when I hear average people run down politicians as crooked. I have the highest regard for many of them who I know personally and I know they bring integrity to their own lives and their political careers.

Unfortunately days like today make it easy to understand why people are cynical. The Democratic Governor of Illinois appeared in court today after being arrested on charges of corruption. Federal Investigators taped his phone lines and reportedly have evidence of him attempting to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat. It's absolutely disgusting, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald was right when he declared today is a "sad day for government. . . Gov. Blagojevich has taken us to a new low, this conduct would make [Abraham] Lincoln roll over in his grave."

I hope this guy does jail time.

No comments: